Light guides are produced using a wide variety of techniques, designed to fit the application. Uniform diffuse outputs are a perfect fit for general illumination whereas precision laser printed light guides are typically used in LCD backlighting. Light guides are also available in a range of materials, including plastics, silicones and glass. Glass and silicone are particularly well suited to demanding applications as they offer higher operating temperatures.
Fusion Optix patented family of MicroTEK™ light guides allow for a wide choice of light distributions and a range of form factors while maintaining best-in-class efficiency, uniformity, and light control.
Key Features & Benefits
- Slim profile with highly efficient and uniform light control
- Wide range of viewing angle control capabilities
- Available in standard sizes for quick development times
- Compatible with LEDs from leading manufacturers (Cree, Osram, LG etc)
- Customization options with regard to form factor and light extraction pattern available
- Choice of materials including acrylic (PMMA), polycarbonate (PC) and glass
- Rapid prototyping available
- Full design support from Solutions Group
Range of high performance light guides for continuous linear applications. Controlled light output distributions deliver light perfect for continuous indirect cove, wall washing and other general illumination requirements.
Precision laser patterning of light extraction features in plastic and glass light guides. High efficiency out coupling combined with wide choice of materials.
Printed and coated light guides allow for a wide choice of light distributions and a range of form factors while maintaining best-in-class efficiency, uniformity, and light control.